Special Promotion

Lau Ong Hoang

Lau Ong Hoàng includes a collection of hills and mountains, rivers and sea, temples…which contribute to an area of tourist attraction. Co mountain is quite high and there are 4 hills going up and down near the sea. Among them, Co mountain, Ba Nai hill, Phu Hai estuary and the ancient fishing village which is about 7 kilometers to the Northeast of Phan Thiet, are the most beautiful places.

In 1911, a French duke – De Montpensier visited here and went for a hunt in some adjacent hills. When he saw the wonderful scenery of this landscape, he had the idea of buying this land and built a villa in order to take a rest during his later trips and hunting here. His aspiration was accepted by a French authority in Bình Thuận (ambassador Ganier). He agreed to sell Bà Nài hill for him.
On January 21st, 1911, the villa was built and finished nearly a year after that. The villa is about 536 square meters and divided into 13 rooms. It was located near the Chăm Pôshanư tower, about 100 meters to the South. While conveying the building materials, they damaged the wall at the front main door. This is a beautiful villa with convenient facilities. There are an electric generator at night and many reservoirs keeping rain-water enough for use during a year, which is considered as the most modern in Bình Thuận at that time. Since that, Phan Thiết people got used to call this hill, which was built by ambassador De Montpensier, as “Lầu ông Hoàng” . In July, 1917, the ambassador sold this villa for a French hotel owner – Prasetts… After the appearance of Lầu Ông Hoàng, a French named Bell constructed Ngọc Lâm hotel in a nearby hill to serve the French. Many years later, when the famous Vietnamese poet – Hàn Mạc Tử came here and had some unforgettable memories, “Lầu ông Hoàng” become more and more meaningful to many people. In the anti-French resistance war, the villa was destroyed. Nowadays, there are only the foundation of the villa, reservoirs and memories in Phan Thiết local people left.

Also, at “Lau Ong Hoang”, the French army built a system of military posts with many steel rod block houses to dominated Phan Thiet county town.
On June 14th, 1947, a great battle of a squad belonging to Hoàng Hoa Thám combat unit happened. It was commanded by the comrade Nguyễn Minh Châu. They wiped out many enemies, withdrew many weapons including a machine gun Vitke, a light machine gun and many other war booties. Then, Vietnamese usually called it as the Lầu ông Hoàng victory.

 

 lau ong hoang phan thiet

 lau ong hoang phan thiet

 lau ong hoang phan thiet

 lau ong hoang phan thiet

 lau ong hoang phan thiet

 lau ong hoang phan thiet

 lau ong hoang phan thiet

 lau ong hoang phan thiet

 lau ong hoang phan thiet

 lau ong hoang phan thiet

 lau ong hoang phan thiet

 lau ong hoang phan thiet

 lau ong hoang phan thiet

 lau ong hoang phan thiet

 lau ong hoang phan thiet

 lau ong hoang phan thiet

 lau ong hoang phan thiet

 lau ong hoang phan thiet

Lầu Ông Hoàng is located in the population of Poshamu tower. The get there, you just need to take the bus No.1 or 9. The best period of time to visit is from 8 am to 4 pm.

4 Star Resort in Muine , Only 30 USD/ night
-->Click to book now <--

phanthiet gold 468x49

 

Go Top